Assistance League of Montgomery County
Assistance League of Montgomery County is one of 120 chapters of National Assistance League whose programs help strengthen communities and put caring and commitment into action. The success of Montgomery County’s philanthropic programs is dependent upon the dedicated volunteers who generously donate their time to make a difference in Montgomery County.
First organized in 1985 as Lake Conroe Auxiliary of Assistance League of Houston, Assistance League of Montgomery County is celebrating over 31 years of serving Montgomery County. With 41 members in 1985, the organization has grown to over 200 members.
Assistance League of Montgomery County offers programs and services that touch every age group, focusing on nine philanthropic programs which provide the following:
- New school clothing for students in kindergarten through high school.
- A multiple-tier scholarship program which assists graduating high school seniors, adults working toward certification in a health field, special needs individuals who would benefit from equine therapy, and adults needing to return to college to improve their quality of life.
- Fans and blankets for seniors and individuals in need.
- Basic needs items for the homeless and those in transition.
- Handmade dolls for agencies counseling children and adults suffering from dementia.
- Poison presentations for pre-k and kindergarten students.
- Health record booklets for seniors and parents of small children.
All of the above programs are funded through the organization’s upscale thrift shop, which is run solely by over 200 volunteers. In the fiscal year ended May 31, 2016, members gave almost 50,000 hours of community service and have returned over $4 million to Montgomery County residents since the organization began. All monies raised in the thrift shop stay in the County to improve the lives of the residents.
Through the generosity of our community residents, the support of local individuals and organizations and the service of our members, Assistance League of Montgomery County truly makes a difference in the lives of our community residents.
Since their first donation to us in 2017 to help fund our Horses & Heroes Equine Therapy Program, scholarshipping our veterans, as it went through changes into our Horses & Heroes Equine Learning Program, and finally in 2021 starting the funding of our Horses & Heroes Ranch Life Mentoring Program, these ladies have been our biggest fans and supporters. We love the important work they do, and they love helping to provide scholarships for our veterans and first responders in whatever program we are growing. It’s a God thing.